Thursday, February 23, 2012

Is This Tween's Dress Ever Appropriate?

Ack! Hollywood Life has a photo of Jude Law’s 12-year-old daughter wearing what appears to be a sweet and innocent dress, but those little hearts have some not-so-sweet messages in them!

“At first glance, Jude Law‘s daughter Iris wore what seemed like a sweet, innocent (and totally age-appropriate) dress to Vivienne Westwood‘s London Fashion Week show. But take a closer look — those candy hearts are printed with vulgar phrases like “Blow Me” and “Eat Sh*t”! Woah.”
Sadie Frost apologized on Twitter later. “I seem to have upset people & am shocked myself about the dress Iris wore to Vivienne Westwoods show. Iris had been bought it as a present. I assumed it was just the sayings the sweets have on them. I’m sorry for any upset it may have caused..Iris is a sweet, innocent girl.”

I can totally understand the mother not noticing the words in the hearts, but I wonder if the daughter noticed. It’s not like they’re little tiny hearts; those suckers are pretty big!
Hmm…I wonder if they make that dress in adult sizes!
Wait a minute, now that gets me thinking, if this is a dress designed for young girls, is that really appropriate?!
What would happen if a tween wore that to school?

No comments:

Post a Comment