Friday, January 6, 2012

Rock It, Demi Moore!

I’ve never really felt any strong emotions for Demi Moore, but after reading about her Harper’s Bazaar interview on E-Online, I have great respect for her.
Most actresses of a certain age usually seem highly concerned with their looks and their image to a point that they are willing to do and say anything to convince their fan base that they are not only beautiful but fully self-confident and fabulous.
I feel like Demi Moore has opened the door to real honesty about the plight of being in the spotlight.
"What scares me is that I'm going to ultimately find out at the end of my life that I'm really not lovable, that I'm not worthy of being loved. That there's something fundamentally wrong with me."
This quote blew me away because I can relate to it so well, as I’m sure many women can.
This was how I lived a great part of my younger life. There was this great fear that I was somehow broken and unlovable.
Now if even a famous, wealthy, beautiful movie star can admit to feeling the same thing, perhaps we as a society can finally stop and say, hey, there’s something very wrong going on here that women today feel this—even someone who many would think should be immune to it.
So I say, Rock It, Demi Moore, for your honesty.
Do you think someone like Moore talking about her feelings of being unlovable can open a dialogue for society?

No comments:

Post a Comment