Thursday, January 12, 2012

Rock It, Katherine Heigl!

Thanks Perezitos for showing me how like Katherine Heigl I am!
Heigl struggled with the same conflict that many mothers have—to work or not to work?
She tried to leave Hollywood but found herself unhappy, so she did what felt right, tried to find a way to balance motherhood and career.
"I asked myself what was wrong with me. How can I want to leave my child to go back to work? The simple truth is that I love my daughter passionately and as most mothers do, but she cannot fulfill everything in me. I needed to put this gift I've been given to perform back to use.
"Now, when I take a job, I look my daughter in the eye… and try to explain to her that Mommy has to go to work. And when she looks back at me and says, 'But why?', I tell her the truth: that work makes me a better person, a better woman, a better mother. Then I pray to God that she will understand one day and that my example will encourage her to find and follow her bliss as well."
Bravo to Heigl for being willing to discuss what some mothers might think is selfish. If mothers aren’t staying connected in some way to who they really are, how can they be a full person for their children?

No comments:

Post a Comment