Friday, May 11, 2012

Are You a Mom or a Mouse?

I’m really getting perturbed by silly headlines that provoke readers with the juiciest bit of info possible.

Yes, I know. It’s media and that’s how it’s done. Yes, I’m a writer and I try to write catchy titles for things, too.

But TMZ’z Octomom: I'm Buying a DUNGEON WithMasturbation Money is a tad misleading. In their “interview,” or should I say ambushing, of Nadya Suleman as she goes for a spray tan to prep for her masturbation video, they push her to say what they want.

Ever the intrepid reporters, TMZ focuses on the fact she says she wants a dungeon for her kids, which she explains as a house somewhere safe and in a gated community.

And today we are seeing Time magazine’s provocative cover proudly displaying: Are You Mom Enough? along with photo of mom, 26-year-old Jamie Lynne Grumet, breastfeeding her son.

I think moms should be on notice—you are being judged and provoked. Every step you take.

Everett Maroon sums it up nicely on his blog post, Mother Surveillance.

No comments:

Post a Comment