Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Snookie Touts Her Mothering Skills and Hotness


In defending what she believes will be her parenting abilities in Usmagazine, Nicole Polizzi says: "I can't wait to meet my kid! Everyone will be surprised to see a different side of me. I'm loving, caring, sensitive, protective and very maternal, no matter what people might think."

I applaud her stance on expressing her strong sense of self to her critics, but then she launches into a tirade which kind of doesn’t back up the portrait painted.

Snooki goes on to explain: " In high school, me and my girlfriends were freshmen and we were all pretty girls in cheerleading and stuff, so the older girls would bully us because all of their guys want to hang out with us."

I’m not sure if she is trying to portray herself in a new light that stressing how hot she was is going to win her many supporters. "I mean, people used to say I was fat when I was the hottest thing ever. Imagine what they say now."

I’m wondering if some Celebrity Momsters ever read their own words that they might notice their words don’t always match their intentions. I think it’s great for a woman to feel proud of her looks and to be self-confident, but Polizzi might be choosing the wrong words to express that feeling to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment