Friday, April 20, 2012

Hedid Klum Talks Honestly About Plastic Surgery


I was about to jump to judgment of Heidi Klum when I read on Radar that even though she’s against plastic surgery now, she said to Allure Magazine, “Ask me again when I’m 65, but…I’m proud to be able to say, in this day and age, I haven’t done anything.”

It’s easy to say we’re anti-anything when we ourselves don’t need the particular thing.

Like a gorgeous supermodel who’s twenty can easily stand and say, “I’m against plastic surgery.”

Well, sure, because she looks great and knows it and clearly has no need of “help.” But what about when she starts to see a few wrinkles creeping in around her eyes, or in between her eyebrows or her throat?

So I give credit to Klum for being honest; she’s happy with how she looks now as she nears forty, but she doesn’t know how her feelings may change as the inevitable aging process sets in.

Klum honestly talks about how she feels and she has a right to do that even though she’s a supermodel: “I don’t want to name names, but it’s like, Wow, I remember you five years ago, looking to me so beautiful, and now it’s like…who is this person?  And I know girls half my age who do it. What are they gonna do at 40 or 50, when the s**t really hits the fan?”

It boils down to that we all need to make our own decisions and live with them. And we’re even allowed to change our minds. Yes, others may brand us hypocrites, but they’ll do that anyway.

Stand up for what you believe in, regardless of what others will say about you, Celebrity Momsters (and that goes for all of us)!

1 comment:

  1. Cosmetic surgery is the type of plastic surgery that is related to changing things that the person does not find to be particularly flattering. This could include facial “flaws” or other constructive areas that the person is less than thrilled about. Changing this through plastic surgery is a way of maintaining composure for some, so while it is not necessarily beneficial to the medical community, it can help with some issues.


    cosmetic surgery Boston

    ReplyDelete