Monday, April 2, 2012

Nicole Richie on Not Being Ashamed of Our Pasts

I’m really interested in Celebrity Momsters who led less-than-“stellar” lives in the eyes of the public.
How have they been able to change their images as bad girls to doting moms so successfully?
Nicole Richie, mom of two, is interviewed for Ocean Drive Magazine and according to Perezitos, she’s changed a lot from her younger days.
Richie and her husband Joel Madden raise their two children and how much she has changed since her wild past.
Talking about how different she and Joel are, Nicole talks about how they parent and what it’s like to be a mom with a past.
"You have to remember that I was 20 years old. I don’t know anybody who can look back at who they were at 20 and say, 'I’m the exact same person.' It’s all about evolving and growing. Who we are in our 30s is obviously very different than who we are in our 20s."
I think this is such a great point.
Comments being left on the story on me on the Uk’s Daily Mail has a lot of negativity aimed at me sharing my story because I’m a mother.
But what I don’t understand is that we all have pasts. Not every mother was a stripper, but we all have stories.
And that doesn’t make us better or worse mothers.
We’re all just mothers figuring out the whole parenting thing as we go.
Our pasts do not define us; they are just parts of our journeys.
Let’s feel free as mothers to express our stories without shame or guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment