Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hilary Duff Feeling Good About Her Body Postpartum


I’m going to have to agree with Perez Hilton on this one—seriously, people are going to talk bad about a woman’s body after she had a baby three weeks ago?

Hilary Duff says: "I read comments on my Twitter page about how I'm waddling into pilates and I go, 'wow, that's a really mean thing to say. I just had a baby three weeks ago!' There is a little bit of pressure but most of it comes from me." 

It’s no wonder that so many women have body issues when we feel the need to lash out at others to make ourselves feel better.

Celebrity Momsters are placed in the unenviable position of being in the spotlight where they get to absorb all our own self-hate.

Duff explains: "Right when I really started to show, I would look in the mirror and wonder whose body that was! But then about a month later, I just felt really proud that I had a body that could do what it was doing. It is incredible what your body can do. You can appreciate all of your imperfections because you have a beautiful baby who came from you and all that you went through."

I have always felt the most forgiving to my body when I was pregnant. It was the one chance as a woman I felt it was okay to let it all hang out in public and really feel proud.

I do feel good about my body now even though I am not at my thinnest or strongest. I really want to learn how to feel the way I felt when I was pregnant, every day. Just beautiful and perfect as I was.

Why do so many women have a hard time loving who they are in the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment