Monday, April 30, 2012

Jennifer Garner Makes Me Think We Need a Breastfeeding Award


Jennifer Garner has embraced the role of Mom, but does look forward to the relative peace of a movie set in her future.

Perezitos reports that having not performed in over a year, Garner’s own mother was surprised when she received a CinemaCon award recently.

"I told my mom the other day I was getting this award…and I was excited and feeling proud and thought she was going to be proud, and then there was this pause on the other end of the line. She said, 'Jennifer, do these people know you haven't worked in the last year?' I said, 'Yeah, I feel they probably know what I've been up to. I haven't stepped foot on a set. You are correct, mom.'

She said, 'Can they take this back? Because every time I talk to you, you are breastfeeding, you are running car pool, you are on the library committee — you are not acting!' I said it's not all about the now, it's things you've done in the past or in the future, and she was like, 'Honey, you have a weird job.'"

I’m thinking that maybe there should be a best brestfeeding award. I’m not quite sure how a winner would be selected though. 

I think I would definitely like to nominate myself. In eight years there has only been a short break in between my first and second child when I wasn’t nursing. Of course, I know if we are just basing the award on longevity that I would be quickly beaten.

And, of course, I don’t want to leave out the bottle-feeders. I know where this is heading…there can be no “best mom” contest because we all would need to win in some sub-category.

Ah, I’ll just send a coffee mug that says “Super Mom” to every mother in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment